Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Sinampalukang Malak

    Sinampalukang Malak i-
    "Bless you!"
    Thanks, anyway, Sinampalukang Malak is what I had for breakfast yesterday. Rebecca took me out for Filipino breakfast and she had pork tocino and I had Sinampalukang Malak. What I got was a little packet of rice wrapped in banana leaf with a bowl of soup. In the soup there was a chicken drumstick with a part of the breast. There was also a piece or two of okra, some green beans, I think it was cooked daikon, there was a piece of what I think would happen if fat and potato had a lovechild sitting in the bottom of the bowl. There was also some either spinach or bok choy leaves. 

    The broth was unlike anything I had had before. It was a sour chicken broth. It wasn't a bad sour, or a citrusy sour. The broth was also very rich, you could see the little fat droplets suspended in the broth so there was a very smooth mouthfeel. Rebecca said that Dad was going to try to make it at home, and I think that he can't because it was a very complex thing, to be able to get it sour, and yet not overpoweringly so. 

    It was quite tasty, and I made myself stop eating because it was getting close to overeating. Hopefully I can find it at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment