Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pool time

    As you can see from my last post, my building has an infinity pool with a pretty great view. If you don't know, an infinity pool has an edge that drops off and the water that flows off gets cycled back into the system. It looks like the water just falls off the edge. Anyway, the pool is on the 31st floor where the penthouses are. The penthouses are just two to a floor whereas the regular rooms are four to a floor. There are stairs leading to a workout space by the pool, so I am planning on going up there one time or another to run or bike and look out upon the city. 

   We (Rebecca and I) just now went to the pool because she was waiting for a clear day to go up there so the view would be extra great. The pool was on the 31st floor, and all of the surrounding buildings and pretty much all of the other tall buildings were around the same height. This is because the Filipinos use concrete to build their buildings instead of steel. That is why in the States the buildings are 10-20 floors higher. But the view was great. I just learned that Manila had a highway system. Cool stuff. 

   The pool. The water was pretty warm, but the air temperature was probably in the 70s. It was nice and breezy up there. I'd say that we were in the water for about an hour. I hadn't been in a pool for quite a long time, so I did all the kid stuff like handstands and flips etc. I also learned how to stay at the bottom of the pool. I had no idea how all of the swimmers and aquatic people did that and it turns out you have to get rid of all the air in your respiratory system to minimize buoyancy. We also did yoga positions in the water. According to Rebecca, some positions are easier underwater. The pool was also minimally chlorinated. You still couldn't see underwater, but there wasn't the burn if you did open your eyes. 

    I tried to do some exploring, but Rebecca wouldn't let me. Above the workout room, which was above the pool, there was another room, and then the real roof with some sort of grate floor. I wanted to go up there, but Rebecca said it was probably part of the penthouses and that I couldn't get in. I also found a little door, about half-size, off to the side of the pool. She also said that I shouldn't go see what it was because it was probably storage for the pool. REBECCA, DO NOT READ PAST THIS! I think that next time I go up without her, I will snoop around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment