Thursday, August 15, 2013

Saturday Breakfast

     I forgot to write about this earlier. Saturday morning, we wanted to get some cheap local eats. We wandered around the area, finding mostly upscale coffee shops and the like, until we happened upon a hawker center. We were unsure about whether or not the place was open as most of the stalls were empty and the few that were open were prepping for the day. I convinced Dad and Rebecca that this was the place to go. 

     Singaporean traditional breakfast is soft-boiled eggs and toast. Dad and Rebecca got this at one of the open stalls while I made my way to a noodle and soup stand. For SP$3.80, I got a big bowl of soup with noodles and bok choy and ground meat and little dried fish bits on top. It was pretty delicious. Dad and Rebecca meanwhile each had a soft-boiled egg that was arguably raw, a little piece of grilled bread, and a cup of coffee. I don't remember how much theirs cost, but I think that the two of them equalled the cost of my meal. Delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment